Wednesday, February 03, 2021

The Death of an Ecosystem - 10 Aug 2015

St Lucia Estuary

Many moons ago, stuttering, dyslexic Petrus started with his lone campaign. At this time I already lost my children's inheritance twice in the fight for a Managed Marine Functioning System. In this very poor quality video, I tried my little heart out with substandard equipment telling the story of a dying system and a failing World Heritage Site. Today I watch this and think back.. all the criticism, not only because of the poor quality videos, but also the negative publicity it brought to the community. 

No one wanted to visit a dying system, but I was adamant that no publicity was bad publicity. We had to turn this decay around. I will never know if it was my continuous winning that irritated people enough to pick up the struggle or was it Covid19, but somehow everything came together and today we can look back and smile, laugh or sympathise with me.. 


Sponsors that made the Story Telling Videos a reality 

Advantage Tours and Charters

These people had hair on their teeth. I am not an easy service provider. Yet some of them stuck with me although we went through a load of F-Bombs and Blocking and Reporting of each other. Today we can look back over it as a fond memory. 

We have a capable Wetland Park Authority. They are way more open to public suggestions and interaction than the previous regime. Always answering correspondence, greeting one friendly although it took some rubbing shoulders over the past 3 years. 

Advantage Tours and Charters was the most subtle in their approach to calm me down but never intervened with my goal. 

It was only when Blue Forest Took me under their wing that things really started to shape up for my business profile. I will always object against an NPO. If the platform is not commercially driven it can never be free of manipulation... Oxymoron you say. No, not really, With the viewers and supporters contributing to the war chest, the advertisers are steered by their drive and direction. 

I was amazed when I called on Blue Forest after a huge mental breakdown on my side and found Morne still friendly, soft-spoken and on top of all the posts and comments made and retaliations. I felt like a schoolboy exposed.. With all his homework intact, all his guidance mapped out he calmly explained the next phase of my business model to me.. 

Here, I consider myself an Internet Marketing Guru, and someone physically paid me, to become my agent and promotor... Morne, you must have bumped your head pretty hard as a youngster.. 

Anyway ... Tours Africa

If you have any Activities or Establishments to list... here is the next big thing since sliced bread. Go and have a look at what they have to offer.

Best Regards to all


Petrus Viviers
WhatsApp/Tellegram/Cell
(+27)0813427371 

No comments:

Post a Comment

St Lucia Experience

Popular Posts